Wednesday, August 3, 2011

butterfly dress & headband

I am home from my sewing vacation and finally brought back my sewing machine. Here is the first project I did... I used a similar dress my girl owns as pattern. 


 I used elastic in the front and back for a nice fit around the chest... and bias tape for straps.

 This is pre-made pleated trim in blue-turquoise. I couldn't resist when i found it in the shop...

 For the headband I simply sewed up some solid turquoise cotton and added a cut out butterfly from the same fabric the dress is made of. I also added elastic on the back-part for better fit, but left the front straight. (Elastic is about one third of the headband's length)

A close up of the butterfly... sorry for the hair. What to say - a toddler on the playground!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...